This new, imported Bulgarian Throwing Dummy is made of the highest quality soft leather, hand sewn and stuffed to perfection. This design and stuffing assures easy repetitive throwing. This dummy is flexible, durable and highly respected among the elite in wrestling. The dummy comes in three sizes; small for kids, medium for cadets and juniors, and large for seniors.
Ivan Ivanov Bulgarian Olympian and World Medalist and currently coach at the USA Olympic Education Center at Northern Michigan University. His team has won 3 University National Championships. He is USA Wrestling's first Gold Level coach. Ivan has developed and designed the best throwing dummy for wrestling, along with a training DVD. Without a doubt, the best throwing dummy on the market today!
Many different styles are available:
The Bulgarian All-Leather Throwing Bag is used by World Champions and also at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. Click here to see photos of the Bulgarian All-Leather Training Bag in action!
So if you're on the market for a life-like training partner that can take all the punishment you can give, choose our all-leather Bulgarian series dummies. But beware! You never know when they've had enough!
Wrestling dummy training recommendations from Coach Ivan Ivanov
Using the dummy drills as part of your warm up
To brake the monotony of daily warm ups, coach Ivanov finds the warm up with dummy drills very effective during the beginning of the workout or the preparation part of the practice.
Start with light jogging for 2-3 minutes. Pick 5-7 exercises for upper and lower body stretching. Total time for loosen up the body 5-7min.
Dummy Drills for high school style and freestyle wrestlers
- High Crotch - 5-10 reps regular learning pace and 5-10 reps with high speed pace.
- Fireman carry - 5-10 reps regular learning pace and 5-10 reps with high speed pace.
- Double leg attacks - 5-10 reps slow pace 5-10 reps high speed pace.
- Hip toss - 5-10 reps slow pace and 5-10 reps high speed pace.
- Lateral drop - 5-10 reps slow pace and 5-10 reps high speed pace.
After doing these drills, the wrestlers should be pretty well warmed up and ready for more intensive practice with a partner. The coach can continue the warm up by picking a few specific warm up exercises such as: back bridging, flips from bridge, or tumbling. The coach can also give his athletes 3-4 minutes to warm up on their own.
According to coach Ivanov, the warm up with dummy drills is recommended at least 2 times per week.
Warm up with upper body and Greco Roman Drills
Start with jogging and jogging exercises for 2-3 min.
Pick 5-7 exercises for upper and lower body stretching. Total time for warm up is 5-7 min.
- Back Step drills - Arm throw from the feet - 10-15 reps not throw just back step.
- Back Step drills - Head Lock - 10-15 reps no throw, just back step.
- Arm throw from the feet - 10 throws with high speed and explosive power.
- Head Lock - 10 reps with high speed and explosive power.
- Body lock - 10 reps with explosive power.
The coach can assign 2 wrestlers per dummy. One lifts the dummy for his partner and than switch.
Extra conditioning, after your main practice
- High Crotch by lifting the dummy all the way up 3 x 30 sec. Do this with intensity.
- Fireman Carry with the finish 3 x 30 sec. Intense. (the coach can assigned a partner to lift the dummy up for the athlete who is doing the drills)
- Body lock intensive throws 3 x 30 sec. For this drill the athlete must be able to throw as fast as he can and lift the dummy on his own and throw it again and again for 30 sec. to 1min. straight with high intensity.
The coach can chose dummy drills and dosage the volume of training based on each athlete's experience.
- Youth Wrestlers at Suples Training Center in Boise Idaho
- Youth Training with Suples throwing dummy:A short clip of a freestyle dummy thrown by a youth wrestler
- Suples Freestyle Throwing Dummies
- Suples Wrestling Dummies
- Suples Wrestling Throwing Dummies